Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Due Date Bumped to 18th of May!

So needles aren't really that bad...

I've been really strict with my diet for the past months due to gestational diabetes but it turns out that it's not good for the baby since we're not gaining the extra weight we need. It's a real Catch 22- darn if I eat a lot, and darn if I don't. So the doctor told me to just eat more and they'll just give me insulin shots.

To celebrate my first insulin shot, I had a chocolate cake! Wow, drugs really do wonders. My blood sugar was still in a low range even after that sumptuous slice. And since I'm on insulin now, I cant go beyond my due date (22May) which means I'll be induced a week before. This is good since we'll be able to meet Aqui sooner! And I realized one thing too -- 18 May would have been my birthday if I wasn't born 2 months early! How great is that!

AND IT'S A BOY...... NOT!!!!
So, a few months back, we were told that we will be having a boy - although with the caveat that it's not definite. When we went for a scan a week ago, we were told that we were having a girl. Hmm, so which is which? Anyway, we've been calling our little one "Aqui" so we'll stick with that -- Joaquin Israel for a boy and Jacqueleen for a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!