Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy 8th Anniversary!

Dear Nel,
Sixteen years we've known each other,
Half of it legally and blessedly together,
Thank you for being my best friend, my partner,
And looking forward to more years, more fun, more challenges,
To infinity, beyond and forever.
Well, you're no Edward nor I, Bella,
So let's take this until where it leads us as long as we're together.

I love you,
Yesterday, Today and Forever,

Yeng


I Love I.T.!

I knew I got a pretty good deal when I got FNel.1 who was a great friend and seatmate in class. This model was a great listener who was always there and never had battery drain issues even at 2am when I needed someone to cry over the phone with. In 1998, I upgraded to BFNel.2. Not only did I get a best friend but also a hottie boyfriend which came with perks such as extended battery life, social and family networking and an anti-virus program that took care of my infection from Gullibility and Naivete. The only thing I didn't anticipate in this model were the hidden attachments such as previous owners, bickering and an intelligent opinionated personal assistant named Serious. I wasn't really into Serious because he planned my days for me and organised my details and eventually we were at each other's throats. After two years, we decided to go for another carrier but the intelligent homing chip still lead us back to each other. Twice that happened but that darn chip's magnetism is just too strong and I reckon even North and South poles can get glued together. And so after using up all the features of BFNel.1, I decided to upgrade to HBNel.1 in 2004, only a year shy of the seven year itch. It was like doing a reboot as a simple right click helped unlock many hidden applications and new attachments which were very welcome. One of my favourite attachments is the multi-functional InLawsPro, with 24/7 customer support based in the Philippines. BrothersinLawV2.0 also provides a lot of support and entertainment. Great applications such as BreadWinner and SuperSaver are essential for my shopping needs. On the same year of upgrade, I requested international roaming for HBNel.1 as we went on a career adventure in Malaysia. There, HBNel.1 had a violent virus attack from an unknown expat file. HBNel.1 was out of commission for a short period and this was the most trying period for us but it made us stronger in the end, forging my faith that this model is here for the long haul. In 2006, roaming had to stretch to the Asia Pacific region as we moved to New Zealand. I had a system malfunction the following year as we lost a supposed to-be new accessory due to hormonal imbalance on my part. HBNel.1 proved to have more value than its worth as it provided me with all the support I needed and also joined me as we became part of Couples for Christ, providing us regular service updates and a strong firewall against Trojan virus and spam. In 2009, I had another upgrade to DadNelBasic1.0 and it came with a free new accessory, AquiBaby. The new accessory was quite difficult to install as it didn't come with an instruction manual but after a calibration, AquiBaby was fully functional and provided us with lots of fun and laughter. Two years after, I got a surprise upgrade with a free accessory, IaBaby. DadNelBasic1.0 was now DadNelPro2.0 and was overclocked to its full potential. A few more applications were added including Washlaundryexpress and IronManAdvanced but others are still new and waiting to be fully installed such as MowTheLawnNow and ChangeDirtyNappy. Memory has been upgraded to SSD (SuperSweetDaddy) and SRAM (StillRomanticAndMacho) but due to daily wear and tear, fragmentation may occur. This year, I celebrate eight years of theoriginal operating system, HBNel.1 and I know it will just get better and better, having more upgrades and probably one more accessory, hopefully, the next one with an XY program. So once again, thank you to its maker, YHWH. Thank you for the past sixteen years of friendship and eight years of blessed commitment and durability.

I hope more and more owners will come to enjoy their models and upgrades too.

1998

2001

2004



2 comments:

  1. Oh you are so funny and sweet! God bless you both and your beautiful babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice write-up. Happy anniversary - Mhay

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!