Sunday, May 4, 2008

Christmas at the Beach

Well, first things first. We had our noche buena (Christmas Eve Dinner) at home with the Baloyos, Dazos and Dave and Nic. We played the stealing Secret Santa game and yeah, my luck struck out this time-- the gifts ronnel and I were eyeing were both stolen! Here are some pictures of our Noche Buena...
Xmas2


Xmas2_1



And now, it's beach time. I know it's weird-- for Filipinos, Christmas is the "cold" season but here in NZ, it's summertime so Christmas is spent outdoors, having a barbeque, sun bathing and going to the beach! Well, we did all three on Christmas day in Waikawa beach. My colleague (Thank you so so much Claire!) let us stay in her bach (sidestory: they call holiday homes here "bach". I thought it was because of the musician or something like, they left out the "e" from beachhouse. Apparently, it's an abbreviation of bachelor's pad) for Christmas since she's been encouraging me to go out of Wellington and see the countryside. Waikawa's not really far from Wellington, just an hour and a half drive and that's Ronnel driving cautiously (I can't count how many cars overtook / passed us.. haha). Anyway, here are the pics. Ok, no comments on how I've gained so much weight. The camera adds ten pounds.. and no questions on how many cameras were there. haha. You know what my new year's resolution is...

Xmas4


Xmas3_1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!