Sunday, May 4, 2008

Your Signature, please...

Did you know that you could foretell a person’s character just by looking at his or her signature?

Tonight, I would like to teach you some basic techniques in reading signatures. But first, let me tell you how I acquired this skill.

Back in my hometown in the Philippines, people believed in superstition. They believe in witchcraft and sorcery. They even thought of my ancestors as witches who could change the fate of people with a single spell. They told me about this when I was little and I believed it. When kids my age then, played “House”, I played with cards, concocted potions and pretended to cast spells on evil people. There was a time that one of my rivals fell ill and I felt guilty, thinking I had caused her sickness. I grew up thinking I was gifted and I continued to study witchcraft. One day, I opened my mom’s cupboard and saw a doll with pins all over its body. The doll has a familiar name on it, and I realized it was one of those people who have hurt my mother badly. I also saw a pack of tarot cards, which they say can predict the future. My belief that we were a family of witches was strengthened. I was scared to tell my friends then, thinking they would treat me as an outcast. I was twelve when I shared this secret to my best friend, and guess what she did, she joined me in creating potions and spells! We believed we were witches and we had the power to change things. We created a spell to make our school grades higher and created potions for our “bad classmates”. But nothing worked. It was then I realized how foolish I was to believe I was a witch. Out of the witch-like things I did, there were two things that were always accurate --- one was when I predict someone’s future through cards and another, when I tell a person’s character through his signature.

When I was in Form school, I practiced these two skills, or gifts, as some may say, on my classmates, teachers and anybody who want to know their future, even just for fun. I never did take it seriously anyway since I knew all the stories of my family being witches are all just figment of our neighbors’ wild imagination.

What bothered me most was that most of the things I say when reading signatures are quite true. It was then I did some research and found that there was a branch of Science dealing with it— which was called Graphology or the Study of Handwriting. It is even a three-year course offered in some Academies. In graphology, you need to study a paragraph or more handwritten by the person you wish to analyze. For now, let us focus on signatures.

I’d like to share with you this gift. Now, I need a volunteer who is brave enough to write down his signature in the whiteboard for us to interpret. (someone goes to the board to sign... If You'd like me to interpret your signature.. send me a scanned copy)

There are three basic aspects to look at when interpreting signatures. First is the direction or the slant. There are three main slants or writing angles:

(a) Right-slant
(b) Upright
(c) Left-slant

The right slant symbolises extroversion and progression, an outward movement towards world and life. The upright script symbolises distance and self-sufficiency as far as world and life are concerned.
The left slant symbolizes introversion and regression, an inward movement towards the ego, away from world and life.

Second, is the size of the script. Of course, this is relative. Our signatures adjust to the space provided so we analyze based on the space allotted as well. The size of a script symbolises fundamentally the writers assessment of himself. It is evaluated from the size of the small letters: 1/8 inch or 3 mm is the normal size. A large script can be interpreted positively as superiority, seriousness, pride, generosity. Negatively it can be interpreted as arrogance, conceit, pomp and boastfulness. A small script can be interpreted positively as devotion, respectfulness, humility, tolerance. Negatively it could mean feelings of inferiority, faint-heartedness, lack of confidence, fear, etc.

Third, is the Style. There are several types of styles – Decorative, Illegible, Distinguished, Abbreviated and a lot more.

So now you ask me, what good is knowing how to interpret signatures? Well, with this knowledge, you can already determine whether a person’s personality is compatible with yours. Companies even hire graphologists to be part of their HR staff to be able to discern if the applicant matches the company. For us, it’s as simple as having a clue of how to deal with people. If you analyze a person is timid, then you don’t directly ask him to speak in front of people he doesn’t know. You will use another way to get what you want. Or if you analyze a person to be proud, you’d know better than to step on his toes or else you’re in trouble.

Now that you know, I hope you use it as a positive tool to help you in dealing with different kinds of people. But be careful as well when using this technique. You might just make the mistake of presumption. Let this just serve as a guide to you but don’t let it rule your life.

Good Night! Happy Signature Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!