Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wii Fit fits Our Life

I've never been athletic, although at first glance you'd think I am -- probably because I wear sweats and sports clothes most of the time (that's just to cover up the fact that I'm just the opposite.) In school, I was the klutz ("lampa") -- imagine, I even had to make up by writing a thesis on Volleyball because I didn't want to fail Phys Ed! Ok, I'm sure you get the picture.

On the other hand, Ronnel is quite the athlete -- he loved playing basketball. He joined town tournaments with his friends and I think he got an mvp award in school. But after the accident in Malaysia, he had to give up basketball and now, he's contented with playing NBA Live and 2K8 on the xbox.

So yeah, we live a sedentary life. We love the indoors and we never run out of things to do at home. We eat, watch our dramas and animes, eat some more, play some music (i do keyboards, he does the guitar) and surf the net.

And then we got the Wii. At first, it was for the tennis game other interesting games like the Boogey Mic were also released. Recently, they released the Wii Fit here in NZ. We pre-ordered it to make sure we got one. And we're very pleased with it. We were planning to buy a tread mill but it's so pricey here that we crossed it out of our list. The wii fit is only an eight of the treadmill's price and we can do more than just run! The game comes with a balance board which you have to step on for the games. (I heard new games are being released which is compatible with the board so it's not solely for the wii Fit.)

With the Wii Fit, you can do yoga, aerobics, tightrope, hula, boxing, snow boarding and a whole lot more. It measures your weight and your BMI, helps you set a goal on how much you want to lose/gain for the next period. It tells you your fitness age based on some exercises, your BMI and your actual age (see video to find out Ronnel's age! Im not telling you mine, though.) Ronnel and I highly recommend it for people like us who like spending time at home but want to keep fit as well. (My bestfriend Marj wonders why I don't jog outside and admire the beauty of NZ. Actually, I did run a few blocks before but I guess the novelty ran out and it's just too freezing cold outside.) Anyway, it's a great game! I'll write about it again after six months if both Ronnel and I meet our weight goals. :-)

Here's the video of us playing... for your entertainment... :-)



Online Videos by Veoh.com

5 comments:

  1. wow ate yeng, kuya ronnel! Wag na kakain nang madami pagkatapos mag WII FIT para tuloy tuloy na ang WIIGHT LOSS!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. naks... galing mag-advertise! musta na?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, syempre, loyal kami sa nintendo! Kamusta na ang kalaro ni onel? Kelan kaya tayo magkikita kita uli no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ei bespren ang cute ng mga Mii nyo! Try ko nga din copy. Idol kita e so gawa din a ko blog - kinakapa ko pa though. Astig tong sayo, may flsh & video - karir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi hi Einge, wow, you do enjoy Wii very much. Indeed, this is the most fun & healthy training video games ever created. Just found your blog recently.

    Drop by and say hi to you and your husband.Wish you have a good life in Nz. :)

    Feel free to visit me at http://cshotz-adventure.blogspot.com/
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!